The 17th International Symposium on Operations Research in Slovenia (SOR ’23) will be held in Bled, Slovenia, in September 20-22, 2023.
It will be organized by Slovenian Society Informatika, Section of Operations Research (SDI-SOR, Ljubljana, Slovenia), University of Maribor, Faculty of Organizational Sciences (UM-FOV, Kranj, Slovenia), and University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (UL-FS, Ljubljana, Slovenia).
- Professional aspects of OR (OR methodology, OR education, OR implementaion, OR profession).
- Methods and techniques of OR (Assignment, Combinatiorial programming, Linear programming, Multiple criteria decision making, Netowrkd and graphs, Non-linear programming, Numeral methods, Simulation, Statistics, Stochastic processes, Vector optimization, etc.)
- Areas of application (Agriculture, Banking, Ecology, Economic systems and enomometrics, Energy, Environmental protection, Finance, Invetory, Production planning, Transport, etc.).
- Information and computing aspects of OR (Artificial intelligence, Decision support systems, Expert systems, Information systems, OR software, Data mining, High performance computing, etc.).
CALLS FOR SPECIAL SESSIONS
- Applications of Operations Research in Agricultural Economics – Call for papers
Chairs: Prof. Dr. Črtomir Rozman and Prof. Dr. Karmen Pažek, University of Maribor, Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Applications of OR in Industry and Mechanical Engineering – Call for papers
Chairs: Assist. Prof. Dr. Darja Rupnik Poklukar and Prof. DDr. Janez Žerovnik, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of mechanical engineering, Ljubljana
- Artificial Intelligence in Business: Obstacles and Perspectives – Call for papers
Chair: Prof. Dr. Mirjana Pejić Bach, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Economics and Business, Zagreb, Croatia
- Game Theory – Call for papers
Chair: Prof. Dr. Tamás Solymosi, Corvinus University, Corvinus Institute for Advanced Studies, Budapest Hungary
- Industry & Society 5.0: Optimization and Learning in Human and Industrial Environments – Call for paper
Chairs: Prof. Dr. Drago Bokal, University of Maribor, Faculty of Natural sciences and Mathematics, Slovenia and Prof. Dr. Janez Povh, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of mechanical engineering, Ljubljana
- Social Innovations in Ageing Studies Supported by OR Models – Call for paper
Chairs: Prof. Dr. Marija Bogataj, INRISK Institute, Prof. Dr. David Bogataj, Alma Mater Europaea, and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Samo Drobne, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering
- Unravelling the Business Models of Sharing Economy by Applying Methods of OR and Statistics – Call for papers
Chairs: Assist. Prof. Dr. Milica Maričić and Prof. Dr. Veljko Jeremić, University of Belgrade, Faculty of Organizational Sciences, Belgrade, Serbia
Submission of contributed papers: June 2, 2023, June 10, 2023 (extended)
Referee’s reports: July 3, 2023, July 10, 2023 (extended)
Submission of revised papers and copies of bank transfer: August 25, 2023
Should you need assistance, or you have any questions about the SOR, please feel free to contact email@example.com.